Tuesday 8 April 2008

Something.....

So.... I wanted to make sure I wrote something today, even if it was to say I just don't have time to write something. I was looking at the date of my last posting and judging from that I am sure some of you may think I have died or gone to jail. Actually that's not really true since the people I talk to from here all already have heard from me in the past day or two. So okay, I am just terrible at keeping up with this. Although I fair a little better reading other people's stuff, I just don't keep up as much as I should. My high school study time teachers would be appalled, seeing as though one of the things I used to get in trouble for was writing letters to people instead of doing homework or studying during Study Time. Ah well, how things do change.

I guess I could blame on the fact that statistically my work day has become longer by 5.5% on average since I started my Interim Supervisor position. 5.5 - Gosh it sounds like such a small change, unless of course you vocalize that for the past two weeks I have worked for about 61 hours each week when I was used to working about 50. Maths people may have to forgive me if I have calculated this wrong. Oh well. Surprisingly except for feeling like I did when I first started this job (overwhelmed and undertrained) I am doing okay. Maybe its because I see a glowing door in front of me. I just need to walk a little closer to get to it. There, that's as overtly as I dare put it. All I can say is that time is like a jealously guarded, well-contested lover. I have her by my side but I can't help but feel that sometimes she plays me for a fool. I know how sluggish she is for me sometimes and then quick to be over (i.e the weekend) when I really want her to linger on.

Wow for someone with nothing to say, I sure to talk a lot. Good night then, cyberspace. See you again in another near-month, eh?

P.S pardon the typos, I have calculated that in the time it takes to proof this I will be well into the six hours of sleep I now have at my disposal. Bye bye.

4 comments:

Amie V said...

Yeah, I heard that you have been staying up too late... the library marm discussion gotcha. I heard; I always hear. ;)

But what a surprise to click over and find an actual new post! As opposed to a newel post, which would be a strange thing to find on a blog. Anyway. I didn't even have to bug you this time. Good job, Interim-Supervisor. =D

Jennie B said...

WoW! I was expecting the next blog to be about Donkeys and Glow Worms (moral of that story, you decide), what a nice suprise.

I hear you with time. I feel that it is Only November but then shocking realize that May is right around the corner. OMDL! Can't it only be Nov again???

Mrs4444 said...

I found your blog through your wonderful Comment on Amie's blog. You have a way with words, and I will be back!

Amie V said...

Hey, slacker! You have a new reader! You need to post more than once every six weeks, you know.... And you can thank me for drumming up readership for you later. As for putting the lastfm thing on your page, they have widgets specifically for blogger... so you just copy the code from lastfm and then past it into one of the little content boxes you can add from the edit layout page. Easy-peasy!